By Namakando Nalikando Sinyama, B.Sc Forestry,BAHRM
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."-The Man YESHUA(JESUS)
Of all the trouble spots of the world, the Middle East remains to me the most brutal and callous. It has been the trend of most of the commentary on the region to struggle with the issue of neutrality if ones views are to be seen as constructively progressive. More often than not though, we all seem to fall into the same pitfall of what i like to call ’ Biased Objectivity’. This is a situation where one presents an argument they deem well balanced but in actuality are inadvertently presenting their strong personal beliefs or opinion. It should be realized that the two most destructive and divisive forces in history have been Politics and Religion. So then, a discussion of these subjects can hardly be managed in a balanced fashion. Unless of course, one wants to be naively indifferent on the issue. ‘Politics and Religion is causing more division, you’ve got to find time to check out your minds, so check it, check it, we can’t take it NO more!’-So sang the radical reggae poet Mutabaruka. The bottom line is, as individuals, we tend to get passionately involved in issues and objectivity is unfortunately compromised thus. Just as no one can successfully observe the mating habits of Drosophila melanogaster (Fruit fly) with detached scientific objectivity. In the same way, the psycho-socio scientific analysis of the Middle Eastern conflict is difficult to execute objectively. If I attempted this, it would merely, probably attract a flurry of charged sentiments from the Imams or Moslem clerics and the Jewish Rabbinical lobby.
To say the truth, I am actually fade up with the whole Middle Eastern conflict that its very mention sometimes nauseates me. Surely, we have more serious and intellectually demanding issues we could occupy our minds with than this same old selfish exercise in political skulduggery. You know, Issues like Darfur, Chechnya, melting of the polar ice caps, the disappearance of natural fauna and flora habitats for instance .If brothers are seemingly happy to go on killing one another, then there is little else that us independent observers could do about it now is there? Our collective sense of humanity and morality though, demands and calls on every peace loving beings to bring an end to the madness. The situation there does get too much though, that it cannot simply go without comment.
So this piece of writing if you like is my ‘last’ throw of the dice in providing a solution to the whole senseless massacre of brother by brother. It is high time political leaders realized the truth in the words, “ Until the philosophy which hold one race superior, and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned; everywhere will be war; that until there are no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation; every where will be war. Until the colour of a man’s skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes'
- His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Sellasie I
When a Jewish child reporting for kindergarten class is blown up on a bus, it just makes my innards churn with repugnant disgust. (The Beer Sheba double bus bombings) When a Palestinian building is raised down by military armoured vehicles while they house old women and children crushing them to pulp, my heart is crushed and just wonder how long it will go on for. (The Jenin massacres)
"I'm not quite sure about the 'opening of the gates of hell' bit, but just how much is Sharon now prepared to pay in civilian blood? The patriarch Abraham has surely turned in his tomb because of the scale of carnage that will ensue from this day onwards. The killing of Sheikh Ahmed Yassin to me, should go down in history as the worst political blunder the Israeli government has ever made. The shock waves of the reprisals will be felt for millennia; I grieve for the so-called'Jewish' nation. It might well be the end of Sharon's political career." – Namakando Nalikando Sinyama
This was my immediate reaction when the incident happened. In some quarters, it was hailed as a resounding successful strike. Who in their right minds can honestly call what just happened in Beer Sheba and what continues to happen when worshipers are blown up in synagogues resounding successes? May be I was exaggerating a little bit as there was relative calm after this incident. The killing of Dr. Abdul Aziz Rantissi was another show of targeted violence or self-defence as it is called now. At least Israel’s killings seem a little more rationalized and targeted, is this supposed to be a plus? In case the world community it suddenly developing a rare form of collective senile amnesia, I will force them to remember that, just a few months ago, Sharon repeatedly said that, “Arafat will be ‘Removed’. Do people now still wonder what ‘removed’ meant? The French medical fraternity continuously irritated me by calling Arafat’s affliction a mysterious illness. I may not have been to medical school but a brain haemorrhage is only a symptom! Why are people silent or ruling out a possible conspiracy theory that maybe in a secret project or operation, of course sanctioned by The C.I.A and MOSSAD, some group of heartless rogue scientists could have been engaged to genetically engineer a specific slow acting viral or bacterial strain with which Arafat while isolated in Ramalah, could have been infected with? It would have been tragically controversial for the so-called 'Jewish nation' to directly kill a head of state like Arafat without risking serious international isolation. I have no doubt that in some circles like the imperialist west, misguided Christian evangelical warmongers with misplaced zeal like Pat Robertson and John Hagee, welcomed Arafat’s death and hailed it as a another successful operation by the God's favoured nation of Israel. The world community is constantly being oppressed by America and Britain these Identicals of imperialism that have made colonial terrorism law and order using their vassal state of Israel(which rules the world in proxy. Especially what with the winning of elections by what’s his name with the aid of the scandalous audit trail-less electronic voting, the world is surely not a safer place to live in now. What should be realized and accepted is that you do not need a PhD in Psycho-Analysis to discern that, “Violence BREEDS violence the cycle is endless”. What the gun wielding masked Palestinians in baraclavas would do well to accept is that, it is even worse when they match the savagery by killing defenceless children. What if one of the children would have grown up to be an architect of a lasting peace deal. The Israeli army kills Palestinian boys as they are viewed as future suicide bombers what can be more nonsensically stupid than this? What I know is that, if by isolation brought about by the erection of the wall, the socio-economic conditions become unbearable, these boys, now men, will see no reason to live but blowing themselves and others ('Jews') with them as the only way out of their misery! It is therefore expected that when land is politicized each group will stand it out and fight to the death, the reason…
“Land is power without it life has No worth.”-Mutabaruka
The so-called 'Jews' will fight for what they see as rightfully belonging to them after the 5 day war with Arab states and the Palestinian too; yes until the very last fibre of their being they shall also fight. The explanation is, it is the same land they fight for! To me sharing it equally seems to be a more sensible option but then what do I know? The politician thinks by killing more opponents he gets support and gains political mileage, by disadvantaging one group of people, by wanting all the Holy cities for yourself you win over the electorates. What if all the electorates are all killed then what? These two people share the same Holy cities. Greed should be fought from its source and called by its ugly name, chopped off when it raises its goblin head. Let divisive interpretation of religious or political literature be discouraged at all costs. Never be cheated NO one group of people on Earth now is more special than any other group in God’s eyes regardless of what you read in some book. In his optune time, GOD will make this revelation to us all and we will be shamed. When this conflict rages on, where is the famed Jewish intellectual genius and renown mathematical brilliance of the Arab? Does not the Arab realise the deleting Destructive potential of subtraction when they blow up their brothers(Jews)who are imposters by the way(Revelation 2:9 and Revelation 3:9)and fellow Moslems. Is the Jewish intellect only active in Nuclear Physics to come up with more bombs and high-Tech weaponry employed by The PENTAGON and NASA? There are obviously no geniuses in sociology and Professors of Practical Logic at Arab/Israeli Universities like probably there is at OXFORD and CAMBRIDGE to teach their people a new consciousness of tolerance and unity? The attitudes of most people on the conflict has been to just view it with detached indifference, a good idea maybe! But when you love peace you can not help it but grieve hence my need to express righteous indignation at the whole turn of events in The Middle East.
When the spiral of violence is fueled and seemingly justified, supported by fanatical bureaucratic zealots and augmented by some fabled inequitable patriarchal land tenure allocation that disadvantages the majority, the situation further degenerate to inhuman revulsive levels. It shocks and disturbs me more when the violence is spurred on by illogical illusions of martyrdom for a paradise of 72 virgins that have probably all been taken up by now considering the number of people who have successfully blown themselves up already! It all just saddens me. For instance, is it true that, some people in bible times were actually instructed to kill another group of people on account of their style of worship? I’m a Christian but I think and know that it is not right. Talk about ‘aggressive coercion’!
Do people really know what the Fascist Mussolini and the Nazis were really after in the ragged mountains of Abyssinia (ETHIOPIA) when they invaded it but were conquered thankfully? No attempt at world domination (ARYAN DREAM) would have been complete, let alone successful without the most powerful historical and religious relic.... The Ark of the Covenant!! It's a pity the Israeli Government is still in denial on its whereabouts. Do you think, the all-powerful JEHOVAH was powerless in preventing its transfer,’ stealing' or relocation to a different place, unless he was not against the idea! When the Jews were favoured as God's chosen people, does it still hold to talk about the impartiality of God written about in the Bible? I know I will be branded Anti-Semitic, what ever that means,from this piece of writing but as it happens I do not really give it a rodents backside what I am called. I think, especially Post 9/11 there has been an air of anti-Arabic and anti-Islamic sentiments that has been created. I am obviously not an expert in conflict resolution or on the subject in general but, if the conflict is about land, the two brothers i.e the descendants Jacob and of Ishmael(even though they are not) should realistically realize and accept that;
1. The land they fight over (CANAAN) is actually for the descendants of Canaan originally, YES those proud Black people, descendants of CUSH in biblical times. Therefore non of them has the moral right to have it all. Sorry, that is just the truth .No book should justify the domination of one race by another. Truth sometimes has a piecing sensation to the ear. Religious literature should be read with new spiritual eyes that address the needs of a new progressive race where fairness and progressive peaceful conflict resolution abounds.
2. The lasting solution to the whole conflict lies entirely in ordinary people i.e. Israelis and Palestinians alike with a changed mindset where they accept their brotherhood; this can only be achieved if they Totally ignore what is written in their religious ‘Holy’ scriptures that seems to perpetuate the conflict.
3. The era of vengeful reprisals from which ever side SHOULD STOP as it will not resolve the conflict but drag it further.
4. A unified protracted demonstration akin to the U.S HIPPY movement in the ‘60s against the Vietnam War by ordinary people from both sides can and will end this Middle East conflict. It does not help to have blinded religious fanatics of Christendom bellowing out on the pulpit that the whole conflict was prophesied thus is a necessary evil for prophesy to be fulfilled and thus making humanity powerless in bringing a stop to the utter stupidity in the middle east, why don’t they not see it?
5. Hypocritical, Politically biased support for one side from any quarter (by the western powers) does more harm than good as it has hidden ulterior motives of these supporters and should be seen for what it is, biased and very divisive. They will have bloodguilt on their hands because of their active 'indirect participation' in the conflict.
6. Politics and Religion should be pushed aside, committed to the trash bin and individuals should instead reach out to their humane good nature to love their neighbours and become members of a new Palestinian and Israeli civilization with bilateral relations cooperating in fair trade and cultural integration.
7. The KNESSET (Likud especially) and The P.L.O should finally accept co-existence as the only way forward. I’m sure this is what JEHO’VAH, Abraham and ALLAH, Mohammed would want to see more than anything. The world should admit that there are more players and contributing factors to this whole conflict than are obvious to the uninformed eye. Key among these is the diabolical push towards a NEW WORLD ORDER as supported by various players both religious and political governments and the now not-so-secret organisations dotted around the globe. These entities are prepared to achieve this at any thinkable cost. To illustrate this, regimes have been and are being changed, powerful family owned Banks are financing this agenda ,elections results are staged, world commodity prices are manipulated towards this end, religious leaders are elected and engaged to preach and evangelise this message, wars have been and are being staged, small economies are being strangled into perpetual debt, their spies are being sent out as C.E.Os of multi-nationals, presidents of even the most powerful nations are being propelled into office so that they are manipulated to tow the line of the guardians of the New World Order and my personal favourite which they do with no moral misgivings is kill anyone who may pose a threat to their clandestine plans! An alternative way of looking at these world events is by considering everything an Unending Drama Series with multi-faced Producers and Directors Hollywood style!
Seven is a number that symbolizes perfection so how about this for a
All this has obviously been said before and suggested you may say-So what is so special about it all? As simple as the 7-Point Plan may seem IT- HAS- NOT- BEEN-TRIED yet.
The helicopter gun ships, TNT, dynamite, white phosphorus, seclusion walls-whose underlying sensible purpose of construction I totally support albeit (Berlin-style) I actually shed tears of joy when the Berlin Wall came crushing down!!) All these tools have been employed so far but to what effect?
The Indoctrination of teenagers to blow themselves up and the unending targeted assassinations of resistance leaders(Hamas now has no targetable leaders), now what? Each deranged Palestinian or Israeli will individually be inspired to commit atrocities. But all these will never work, I’m sorry to disappoint the perpetrators of these acts!
In conclusion I would like to state that I could have written about Daffodils and the radiance of the lotus flower but how can write about the beauty of nature when the land is drenched with the blood of innocent civilians?
So in the end whether one decides to take the RED Pill or the BLUE PILL(MATRIX PHILOSOPHY) is entirely our choice to make
“Peace, Love and Kindness to ALL men and women.”
- Gauttama Siddatha Buddha’s name be praised.
And let there be no sorrow, And let there be Peace on Earth
Let there be
NAMAKANDO NALIKANDO SINYAMA,
Barotseland, Central Africa
“I tell you a truth, liberty is the best of all things, my son, never live under a slavish bond.” – Sir William Wallace’s Un