Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THE ELYSIUM ENIGMA

By Namakando Nalikando Sinyama, B.Sc Forestry,BAHRM

"No one knows Death nor if it is God's greatest gift to Man yet, it is feared as if it were known for certain it is the worst possible evil."– PLATO, Greek philosopher.

What it the condition or state of the Dead?

By addressing the subject of death I am not in any way revealing my necrophiliac inclinations presumably previously kept secret. I just find the subject of death intriguing and central to the understanding of very meaning of life. My mind has always been boggled by the seemingly unalienable progression of events on earth. From ‘The Central Dogma ‘, which is the bio-synthesis of proteins by the genetic code which eventually gives rise to the whole individual, through to the seizure of all mitotic activities (Senescence) and finally the mass wasting away of tissue leading to the state of DEATH.

Since no one now alive knows about what really happens after death, allow me then to hypothesise!! In their living years humans establish relationships or friendships, the closest of which are the ones between husband and wife married for a long time. Some of these associations can be very strong especially if the knot was tied in heaven as it is said. I therefore do not see how any natural process can possibly terminate or bring them to an abrupt end even at death. Never mind about what has been written previously about the condition of the dead (Ecclesiastes 9: 5) As I strongly believe, I can bravely stick my head up and say that the DEAD continue to communicate with each other in a way that is yet incomprehensible to humans at their current levels of intelligence clouded with prejudices and false concepts of reality.

If an aged couple simultaneously decided they have had enough of this life and breathed their last or died and were buried side by side, do you seriously think in all reason and logic that they would remain motionless and speechless for years without either one making an attempt to lift a finger to reach out and touch or hold the hand of their loved one with whom they were united for years? I-DO-NOT-THINK- SO!! I just do not. Sorry if I offend anybody’s traditionally held beliefs. Remember the Elysium in Greek mythology, people let us wisen up and accept that there is a city underground! It probably teems with life as we speak. Too many have been buried or cremated to have just gone Nowhere.

I hope with this short piece of writing i manage to encourage and strengthen someone out there who is grieving for a departed loved one not to over grieve to the point of self-destruction like faithless unbelievers and help put a smile on their face.

“Blood is thicker than Earth you know.”

Namakando Nalikando Sinyama, B.Sc Forestry
Barotse Patriot
Barotseland, Central Africa
“I tell you a truth, liberty is the best of all things, my son, never live under a slavish bond.” – Sir William Wallace’s Uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment