Thursday, June 11, 2009

THE JACOBITE CAUSE

By Namakando Nalikando Sinyama, B.Sc Forestry,BAHRM

"I tell you a truth, liberty is the best of all things, my son, never live under any slavish bond." -Sir William Wallace's Uncle

Sadly in Barotseland we are still under a form of servitude,my people live in conditions of squalor ever since our land was annexed to become a part of modern day Zambia. The majority of us will forever yearn for” AULD LANG SYNE" when we were a British protectorate, for things were a whole lot better then. All we remained with as a nostalgic remnant was a legacy of; - A form of kilt or skirt we call "SIZIBA" that us the men are always clad in during very special occasions when we celebrate the world renowned KUO-MBOKA CEREMONY. -The prehistoric desire or obsession to preserve our national heritage against all odds. -The 'never say-die'spirit of all brave hearts of Scotland when they fought ot liberate their land. This is why SCOTLAND WILL FOREVER BE MY SPIRITUAL HOME.My folks do not understand why i walk around drapped in a tartan scarff when it gets cold here in Zambia.i had once posted "the jacobite cause"on one of the message boards,it was severely shot down for some strange reason,i strongly suspect it must have received a predominantly English readership.i am now glad i have discovered where the CLANS meet to freely express themselves. "I WISH ONE DAY I COULD ATTEND THE HIGHLAND GAMES"

AN AFRICAN'S GAELIC DREAM

TO THE NAME & HONOUR OF ONE SIR WILLIAM WALLACE AND ALL THOSE BRAVE HEARTS WHO GALLANTLY FOUGHT AGAINST THE DIABOLIQUE SAVAGERY OF THE ENGLISH, STOOD ON THE BATTLE LINES & SHED THEIR GAELIC BLOOD AND DIED FOR SCOTLAND. TO THEM ALL WE WILL FOREVER OWE OUR GRATITUDE FOR THE PRESERVATION OF OUR RICH HERITAGE OF;
- THE HIGHLANDS
- THE HEBRIDES
- BERWICK- UPON- TWEED
- THE KILTS
- THE PIPES
- THE DEER
- THE HEATHER
- THE MOORLANDS
- THE SHETLANDS
- THE MANY LOCHS STREWN ALL ACROSS OUR ANCESTRAL LAND
- THE TRADITIONAL FORKLORE AND TUNES THAT REMIND US OF GOOD TIMES LONG AGO WHEN THE DEER GRACEFULLY ROAMED THE HEATHER
- THE GAELIC LANGUAGE AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL • THE SCOTCH WHISKY. • THESE WILL FOREVER BE OUR NATIONAL HERITAGE BESTOWED ON TO US BY THE gods AND THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE WILL ALWAYS PROUDLY SING THE OLD SCOTTISH SPIRITUAL AULD LANG SYNE. THIS IS WHY UNDER THE BANNER OF ST. ANDREW WE MARCHED AND VANQUISHED OUR ENEMIES SO AS TO PRESERVE THEM FOR POSTERITY.

If ever this piece be seen and considered seditious by the zambian government i would boldly stand up and bellow out from me gut and say...........

"I can not be a traitor, for I owe him no allegiance. He is not my Sovereign; he never received my homage; and whilst life is in this persecuted body, he never shall receive it. To the other points whereof I am accused, I freely confess them all. As Governor of my country I have been an enemy to its enemies; I have slain the English; I have mortally opposed the English King; I have stormed and taken the towns and castles which he unjustly claimed as his own. If I or my soldiers have plundered or done injury to the houses or ministers of religion, I repent me of my sin; but it is not of Edward of England I shall ask pardon."-Sir William Wallace Answering charges of alleged treason!!

Aye, fight and you may die.
Run, and you'll live... at least a while.
And dying in your beds many years from now,
would you be willing to trade all the days,
from this day to that,
for one chance,
just one chance,
to come back here and tell our enemies
that they may take our lives,
but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!!

"For that is the mark of the Scots of all classes: that he stands in an attitude towards the past unthinkable to Englishmen, and remembers and cherishes the memory of his forebears, good or bad; and there burns alive in him a sense of identity with the dead even to the twentieth generation."

- Robert Louis Stevenson, Weir of Hermiston, 1894

"For that is the mark of The Barotse of all classes: that he stands in an attitude towards the past unthinkable to Zambians, and remembers and cherishes the memory of his forebears, good or bad; and there burns alive in him a sense of identity with the dead even to the twentieth generation."

- Robert Louis Stevenson, Weir of Hermiston, 1894

Paraphrased by Namakando Nalikando Sinyama,B.Sc Forestry


Yours in the Cause for Scotland,


Namakando Nalikando Sinyama
Barotse Patriot
Barotseland, Central Africa
“I tell you a truth, liberty is the best of all things, my son, never live under a slavish bond.” – Sir William Wallace’s Uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment